mitabird

3.5: Liked It

3: OK

2-2.5: Didn't like it

1-1.5: Hated it

Passion Unleashed - Larissa Ione While I liked Passion Unleashed, I didn't enjoy it as much as the first two books in the series. It just didn't grip me right away and I wasn't as invested in Wraith and Serena. I liked them together and I was curious to see what Ione would do to give them a HEA, but felt that everything was wrapped up a little too neatly. Wraith didn't surprise me at all with the way he dealt with Serena. He seemed like such a hard ass, but we got glimpses of his kindness before. Serena was likable enough, even though she did stupid things sometimes. I understood though since she was virtually invincible and it I liked how she learned quickly when she needed Wraith. I think my main problem with this story was the similarities to JR Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood. In the first two books, I thought the writing style was similar, but not enough to detract from Ione's world. That was not the case in this one, IMO. It really took me away from the story too many times and it is the main reason I didn't like it more.